Fiber optic cables are the industry standard for data transmission for telecommunications, computer networking, and home audio components. Due to their many benefits, fiber optic cables remain the prominent choice for video, voice, and audio transmissions.
A fiber optic cable can be installed for acquiring internet access from DSL, Satellite, Dialup and cable connections. A plentiful of amenities offered by fiber optics cable includes faster and reliable data transfer. Installation of fiber optic cable can be a troublesome task. But once properly installed, fiber optic cable has the capability of carrying light wave signals over a long distance in very less time. However if not installed properly, it cannot transfer any signals even from one portion of the building to another.
An appropriate installation requires a systematic knowledge and understanding of the potential and limitations of the cables. It also includes comprehending with the procedures involved while installing and maintaining the cables for their lifetime. The procedure of fiber optics installation involves certain concerns such as the cable must withstand the pulling force required to position the cable on to the right place, and also to the extreme natural conditions for instance hot and humid climate, cold temperature, underground moisture and much more.
It is always beneficial to do initial preparation and forecasting before actual installing the cables. The planning steps should insure the following things.
- All the concerned parties for instance utilities or street department should be aware and endorse the positioning route for the cables.
- While planning for saving cost the route should make use of the existing poles. The cable should ideally occupy the topmost space accessible for communications.
- Proper distance must be preserved among the fiber optic cables and other electrical power cables where common poles are being used.
- Determination of existing dead-end poles should be done beforehand to make sure the sturdiness of the poles.
- Evaluation of splice location is done during the route survey of the cables. It is done to ensure the best possible use of continuous cable without much splices or joints.
- In certain cases where aerial installation needs to be done the weather conditions should be good. It should not be done in drenched conditions. Each and every individual in the working unit should be aware of this.
- The fiber cables should be properly positioned when there are other high voltage cables.
After assuring efficient planning and analyzing, the installation can be achieved in two different ways.
- The first, a steel messenger is first of all positioned among the poles. In order to pull the messenger, a truck and a cable reel trailer are employed. To secure the cable near the messenger, a cable guide and cable lasher are used to enclose the cable in the messenger. The cable is made to form an expansion loop so that it allows for the expansion of the messenger at both the poles. The expansion loop length should be more than twice of the depth. The cable should be positioned in such a way that it maintains its least bending radius all the times.
- The second is direct installation of self-supporting figure 8 fiber optic cable. This greatly makes things easier like positioning cables onto an aerial plant. This cable integrates both the messenger and the cable into sheathing like figure 8 cross section.
FiberStore is a fiber optic cable supplier which offers cables and cable management products. To install fiber optic cables properly, you can come to our website for more information.